A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 21 July 2014

“Do you care about animal welfare?’ Help the National Animal Welfare Trust care for them.

Hey my name is Emily and welcome to my blog. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I am trying to raise awareness for the charity National Animal Welfare Trust.

They help all sorts of animals that are homeless and take very good care of them. There are lots of different ways to support them, for example: Donating, Start/join a fundraising organisation tell you friends and family about it. NAWT help these poor animals that are starving and bring them into good care. When they are in care they give the animals all sorts of treatment to make sure they make a full recovery. Once they are fit and well again they are sent to a new loving home. They do so much for animals and all of their centres are run by volunteers so I would be so grateful if you could donate a small amount of money, and when I say small it could be as little as 50p or as much as £5.00. This kind of thing doesn’t just happen in the UK, it happens all over the world so it’s not something to ignore.

This is Justin. Justin’s past owners were terrible animal abusers. He was found burning on the 9th of May 2013. NAWT took care of him until he was able to find a new home. Justin had to undergo serious surgery, but was expected to make a full recovery.

I really feel that you should donate to NAWT because:

  • As I have said National Animal Welfare Trust do amazing things to help animals so all they need is a tiny bit of support to help them rescue more and more animals.
  • Also I know that given the choice you would not want any of this to happen so by donating a small amount you can help your dream, my dream and NAWT’s dream come true.
  • I assume that the image onscreen shocks you. It did when I found this story. It would be great if you could support NAWT so that if there were ever any other cases like Justin then NAWT would be able to help.
  • I think that donating to NAWT would benefit you because I assume that after donating you would feel happy and pleased that you have donated and helped more animals to find new homes.
If you have any pets then I’m sure you will love them very much. But can you imagine them starving and homeless on the streets
Thank you very much again for taking the time to read this I would be very grateful if you left me a response about your opinions about my blog. I would also really appreciate it if you answered the following questions. You could visit their website www.NAWT.co.uk or you could email their chief executive Claire at c.williams@nawt.org.uk for more ways to get in touch and support.

  • Had you heard about the National Animal Welfare Trust before this?
  • After reading my blog do you feel more informed about what the NAWT do for animals?
  • Would you be prepared to support NAWT by donating, volunteering or signing up to their newsletter.
If you do post a response then please tell my where you are from (home town and country if not UK).

Thank you again for reading this. I hope I have changed you views and opinions.
Emily :)

5 comments: