A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 14 July 2014

Everyone Loves Babies, What About Premature Babies?

Hi, my name is Ashmee and before I start, I’d like to say thank you for opening my blog, I appreciate it!! My chosen theme is premature babies, I want people to have a better understanding of what premature babies are and what the charity that I am supporting BLISS does

There are 3 points to my advocacy these are:

  • To raise awareness of my topic of premature babies and what happens to them after they are born
  • To gain support for the charity BLISS that I am advocating about, they help the families of premature babies
  • To change the view of people about premature babies and make them understand what they are and what they need
I think you should support my advocacy because:
  • The subject of premature babies is not talked about often and not brought up in talks much, I want to advocate the subject to make it more known
  • I don’t think most people know what premature babies are and if the do, they don’t know that there are lost of charities supporting them, the most well known being BLISS.
  • The effect that the charities can do to the families that get the help from the money that the charities raise, it can give them the money for their children to live, which is a great thing!!
  • To change your views about premature babies and to make you more aware about what they do in the charity.
For the people who don’t know premature babies are babies are born earlier than they should have, they most likely then need the right care to keep them alive, which costs money. i was a premature baby and thankfully, I made it without any treatment, but thousands of little babies don’t even get to begin their lives because of lack of treatment. The charity that I support, BLISS Does exactly what the families need, it raises money for the children to live and support for the families. The charity BLISS does some amazing events like cake a difference where people make cakes and sell them, the money they raise from that goes to the charity. The charity started in the 1990’s because people wanted premature babies to get the treatment they deserved and the attention they needed. The charity now is the most well-known charity that supports premature babies and is doing very well as a charity, and that’s why I am supporting it.








If you want to learn more about Bliss visit http://www.bliss.org.uk/.

If you would like to I would really appreciate it if you would answer these questions:

  • Had you heard about premature babies or the charity BLISS before reading my blog?
  • Do you now feel more informed about the charity BLISS
  • Would you now support the charity BLISS from reading my blog by donating money or fundraising?
  • Would you now tell your friends and family about the charity BLISS
Thank you very much, now if you wouldn’t mind leaving a comment and telling me which hometown or country you come from

Thank you very much!!!

Ashmee

No comments:

Post a Comment