A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 14 July 2014

Help make a child’s wish become a reality!

Hello thank you for taking the time to read and explore my posts. This will be where all my citizenship blog posts will go, in my chosen charity I will be talking about my chosen charity for my citizenship GCSE exam, Make a Wish.uk, I have chosen to do Make a Wish.uk as I believe that every child should be able to have the opportunity to have fun and spend time with their family, but sadly for some children this cannot happen, for these children a lot of their childhood will be spent in hospital, rarely leaving it, the hospital becomes known as home and the hospital staff became their friends.

An example of the great, life changing work that Make a Wish can achieve with your help is Ella’s story. 13 year old Ella was diagnosed shortly after birth with cerebal palsy, visual impairment and multiple learning and physical disabilities, Ella also suffers from serious seizures. When Ella saw the 2012 Paralympic opening ceremony and witnessed the wheel chairs on trapezes, she knew she wanted to try, Make a Wish got in contact with Ella and her family to help grant Ella’s wish, Ella attended circus school for a week to perfect her performance and at the end of the week Ella gave a small performance to an audience consisting of her family and friends.

If you would just read my posts, I would be very grateful, but if you could donate to Make a Wish or help them in any way such as having a bake sale or even running a fun-run and help grant a child's biggest dreams and give them an experience that they will remember for the rest of their lives, I would be overjoyed!

In an ideal world it would be wonderful if everyone could support my cause and adopt the right attitude in supporting it and trying to help. Just think of it as, the more charity events held, the more the public hears about Make a Wish, the more wishes granted for ill children. If you donate to Make a Wish, YOU can help make someone's life just that little bit better and easier, you can help to CHANGE A LIFE! If you would like to see some of the amazing work that Make a Wish does, check out some of the stories on their U.K. website.

If you would take the time to repost a response to a few short question and also what you thought about my blog post that would be great

Before reading my blog had you heard of Make a Wish before, do you now feel more informed?

After reading my blog about my chosen topic, Make a Wish would you now tell your friends and family about it and visit their website and consider donating to it?

Finally, could you please tell me your country (If other from UK) and your hometown?

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I really appreciate it and I hope you will read my future posts. Eve.

Make a Wish’s UK website- http://www.make-a-wish.org.uk/
Make a Wish’s international website- http://worldwish.org/en/

1 comment:

  1. Great charity Evelyn, well done for supporting such a great and worthwhile cause xxx
    1. yes, but only the name, not what they do.
    2. Yes I would because they are amazing, like you
    3. England xxx (TGGS)

    ReplyDelete