A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 14 July 2014

For pets in need of vets – support PDSA - and save our less privileged pets!

Hi everyone, my name is Laura, and thank you for reading this blog I have created. This blog is all about my chosen charity, PDSA. PDSA is a charity who will treat people’s pets for free if they cannot afford private vetinary bills. I am trying to raise awareness for this charity because it cares for over 2 million pets each year, and it is expensive to provide this care. They need your donations to keep running. I think people should support my charity because without it, many pets would not receive the care they need. I always say “imagine if it was your pet?”
  • I think you should support my charity because although it provides so many treatments, it is relatively well unknown, unlike cancer research or animals in distress.
  • I believe it does such an important job in today’s society, when vets bills are rising and benefits/wages are being cut.
  • So many animals are being neglected or abandoned due to rising costs, in fact there has been a 10% increase in the last year alone. With PDSA, we can slash this figure by at least half.
  • They have 47 pet aid hospitals, and provide over 2.3 million free treatments to animals every year. They have saved so many animals lives, and yet they are not widely recognised, or appreciated. I am here to change that. They really need your donations to keep doing all of this amazing work. Without them, PDSA will have to start turning animals away.
Gizmo’s story
Gizmo was brought to PDSA when he was just 7 weeks old.Unfortunatley, I could not find a picture of gizmo, but he had suffered many of the effects of abandonment. This poor put suffered from many effects of being abandoned. Vets didn’t think that he had long to live. But this puppy was not giving up without a fight. Just weeks later, Gizmo was on his feet (paws!) and happily bouncing around. He was completely better. Vets at the pet aid hospital called him the miracle pup, as he should have been dead by now. But without PDSA, he would have died, because the people who found him could not afford to give him private vetinary treatment.

Thanks once again for reading my blog, and I hope you found it useful and interesting. Here is a web link to the PDSA website in case you want to know more. http://www.pdsa.org.uk/. It would be great if you could leave me some feedback below. Please could you state in your response:

  • Your hometown if you live in the UK, or your country if you live elsewhere.
  • Do you now know more about PDSA?
  • Whether you would now consider donating to PDSA
  • If you would tell your family and friends about PDSA
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog and leaving a response, this will really help me with my GSCE.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment