A complete list of our posts addressing various citizenship issues can be accessed by clicking through the chronological list on the right hand side of this page. Alternatively you can use the 'Search This Blog' option below the Torquay Girls Grammar School Logo.

Please note that comments for pre-2013 posts have now been disabled. However, we encourage you to leave a comment on any of the new 2013 issues that interest you by clicking on 'comments' at the end of each post. All comments are moderated by school staff prior to posting.


Monday 14 July 2014

Don’t let Cystic Fibrosis be pushed aside - Support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust!

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. My name is Martha and for my GCSE Citizenship course I am advocating the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. I am trying to raise awareness about the growing problem of Cystic Fibrosis and how much of an affect it has on people and the people that care about them. You may not really care about this issue but one day you might have to go through this with a family member or a close friend and then you will most definitely want to support this cause. There are many ways in which you can support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust; these include donating, raising money or taking part in one of the many events that they organise. I would like to show people that Cystic Fibrosis is not just another illness that is not as important as other more high profile conditions.
 


I have a very close member of my family who has Cystic Fibrosis and when I was younger it didn’t bother me at all, I didn’t really think about it that much as he lived a long way away from me so I didn’t see him much. As I have grown older I have realised how much of an issue it is, as he spends most of his time in hospital. I speak to him a lot and now it affects me a lot more as he is always in a lot of pain and it isn't nice seeing someone close to your heart go through that and watch Cystic Fibrosis slowly take his life away, as he can now not do the things a normal 18 year old usually does. Such as live alone, as he needs someone to be with him if he ever suddenly falls drastically ill and he cannot get a secure job as was unable to take his GCSEs or A levels as he was in hospital.

One of the things that I admire most about him is that whatever has been put in front of him he has pushed through. He was born as an extremely ill baby who wasn’t expected to live long at all and now he is still here today at 18 years of age as a slightly immature, incredibly wise, young man just living life to the full. I can honestly say that if I go through life the way he has then I will be more than pleased as he is a true role model to me.

Thank you so much for reading my blog, it would be a huge help if you could you now please post a response below answering a few short questions:
Had you heard about The Cystic Fibrosis Trust before reading my blog? Do you now feel more informed about Cystic Fibrosis?

Would you now support the trusts campaign to raise awareness or consider making a donation on their website: https://cysticfibrosis.org.uk/get-involved/ways-to-donate/online-donation.aspx.

Would you now be prepared to tell your family and friends about this cause or take part in any events that the trust organises?

Have I changed your opinion about Cystic Fibrosis, if so how?

Finally, could you please tell me where your hometown and country (if not in the UK?)
Thank You!
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment